Pokemon go needs to be installed carefully, so you will not get a virus on your Android or iPhone device. In this guide we are going to take a look on how to install and play Pokemon go safely.
We urge all Pokemon Go players to use the steps that we have provided. The reason behind this is the fact that if you install Pokemon Go from untrusted sources, you will risk the chance of downloading and installing a virus on your smartphone.
You can find the official site for PokemonGo here. Follow the instructions there to install the application via the normal way. If you are unable to install the game because of limits, then continue reading this post.
Pokemon go installation guide for Android
We are going to start with the basics that you will need in order to install Pokemon Go on your Android phone.
- Enough free space on your device (200mb)
- A private smartphone (not your working phone)
- Working internet connection
- 5 minutes of your time
Installing the APK installer
The Pokemon Go game requires you to install an APK file and in order to do so, you will have to install the APK installer.
But before we do this, I want you to understand what an APK file exactly is. According to stackexhange, an APK file is the installation file format for the Google Android operating system.
Android application package file (APK) is the file format used to distribute and install application software and middleware onto Google's Android operating system.
So in other words, we are going to download an installer, which will allow us to install APK files from untrusted sources.
The dangers which come with this are:
- APK files which contain viruses could be installed on your device
- The APK file has not been checked by the Android store
The installation of APK installer
If you want to install the APK installer, you will need to navigate to the Google Play store, there you will find the APK Installer application which you will need.
Direct link to the APK installer application on Google Play Store
Download and install the application on your Android smartphone.
Once the installation has completed, you exit the Google Play store, and you navigate back to the home screen of your Android smartphone.
Downloading and Installing Pokemon Go
In this step we are going to download and install the Pokemon game. There are various sources that provide the Pokemon Go game, but we are unable to check them all.
The Pokemon Go download from this source, is clean and can be trusted:
Now that you have downloaded the Pokemon Go game on your smartphone, you will need to install it. Click on the downloaded APK file, and continue by pressing the installation button which you will see in the screen.
Wait for the Pokemon Go game to be installed completely. Once it has been installed, press on the ‘open’ button, and create your first Pokemon Go account and start playing.
Installing Pokemon Go on iPhone smartphones
In order to install the Pokemon Go game on your iPhone, you will need to follow these steps:
- Navigate to your app store
- Click on the tab ‘Featured’
- Scroll down and click on ‘Apple ID > Sign Out’
- Scroll down further, and click on the flag, and select the Australian flag
- Search for a free application and click on ‘download’
- Choose to create a new account
- Fill the form, and provide a legitimate email account that has not been used previously to login at the Apple store. We will be needing to email later.
- Provide random information in the billing address, in the zip code you can provide the zip code 2000.
- Activate your account by following the instructions you received in your email account.
- Download the Pokemon Go application from the Australian store
- Enjoy the game